Next Brisbane Chapter Meeting
- Thursday 15 March 2018 – Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Breaches) Act 2017
The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) is the worlds largest anti-fraud group, with over 75,000 members worldwide with the Certified Fraud Examiner credential is recognised globally as proof of excellence in fraud prevention, detection and investigation.
The Brisbane Chapter of the ACFE has been created to extend and enhance fraud awareness, skills and training amongst like minded professionals across Queensland.
We achieve this through the provision of ongoing anti-fraud training and education, and opportunities for Members to both network with each other and other like-minded groups. In the past year, we have held a number of events for our Members, with industry speakers presenting on a range of pertinent anti-fraud topics. To view a list of our past training events, click here.
If you are interested in presenting to the Brisbane Chapter please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you at our next chapter meeting.
Dr Graeme Edwards – President ACFE Brisbane Chapter
The CFE Credential
The Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) credential denotes proven expertise in fraud prevention, detection and deterrence. CFEs around the world help protect the global economy by uncovering fraud and implementing processes to prevent fraud from occurring in the first place.
The ACFE Mission
The mission of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners is to reduce the incidence of fraud and white-collar crime and to assist the Membership in fraud detection and deterrence. To accomplish our mission, the ACFE:
- Provides bona fide qualifications for Certified Fraud Examiners through administration of the CFE Examination
- Sets high standards for admission, including demonstrated competence through mandatory continuing professional education
- Requires Certified Fraud Examiners to adhere to a strict code of professional conduct and ethics
- Serves as the international representative for Certified Fraud Examiners to business, government and academic institutions
- Provides leadership to inspire public confidence in the integrity, objectivity, and professionalism of Certified Fraud Examiners